Red, White, and Blue Trail Mix is the perfect 4th of July snack! For every patriotic holiday when you are getting together to celebrate someone and their service to this country, make this crunchy, sweet-salty, festive treat to share with friends and family.
Being able to whip up this no-bake treat is a simple way to have an easy, stress-free dessert. I love grabbing a handful of this snack mix and hanging out with family and friends. Not only does it make a colorful presentation it tastes utterly delicious.
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
Red, White, and Blue Trail Mix Recipe
This simple M&M snack mix recipe will have the kids grabbing handful after handful and chowing down. It’s one of the easiest ways to make a quick and simple snack recipe that they’re going to love. We always have this at our July 4th celebrations.
This trail mix is a fun addition to any party. I love the patriotic colors that are mixed in. When it becomes that time of year, I know that I’ll be making this over and over again for our family cookouts. A little bit of color goes a long way, so have fun with this special dish.
We make this snack recipe a lot around the 4th of July but it’s perfect for Memorial Day, too. Pair it with your favorite easy desserts or just toss it in a large bowl and let everyone dig in. This patriotic trail mix literally takes just minutes to make and will be gone so fast that you’ll have to make up another batch!
I also love this 4th of July Snack Mix recipe, although it’s not as colorful. And if you’re looking for more Independence Day treats, see my post on 20+ Festive 4th of July Food Ideas or make my Red, White, and Blue Poke Cake or Red White and Blue Popsicles.
Ingredients for Red, White, and Blue Trail Mix
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Graham Cracker Cereal
- Pretzels – I like to use mini pretzel twists.
- Marshmallows – Mini marshmallows are the best for this snack mix!
- Red, white, and blue peanut m&ms
Try the suggestions below for delicious add-ins to this snack mix:
- Peanuts – Choose salted or unsalted shelled peanuts for extra crunch.
- Coconut – I love sweetened shredded coconut in this mix!
- Dried Cranberries – For a sweet-salty flavor and pretty red color.
- Slivered Almonds
- Chocolate Chips – For even more chocolate, add semisweet chocolate chips.
- Chocolate Malt Balls
- Yogurt-Covered Raisins – I love yogurt-covered raisins! They make a wonderfully sweet addition to this snack mix.
How to Make Red, White, And Blue Trail Mix
- Mix together all of the ingredients: Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
- Place in small cups: Divide the mix between small cups to serve!
To serve the trail mix, find some pretty little paper cups and fill them with trail mix to serve. Or let your party guests serve themselves. Everyone can fill their own cup to take on the go, too!
How to Store Red, White, and Blue Trail Mix
Store this trail mix in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
It depends on the trail mix, but some recipes include goji berries, which are sweet, chewy, and packed with antioxidants. In this trail mix recipe, the red comes from peanut m&ms.
Trail mix is a type of snack mix that is typically a combination of granola, dried fruit, nuts, and sometimes candy. It’s meant to be taken along on hikes, or just to work.
Trail mix is great with the addition of nuts. Some ideal nuts to include in a batch of trail mix are almonds, walnuts, cashews, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, pistachios, and more.
Red, White, and Blue Trail Mix
- 3 cups Graham Cracker Cereal
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 1 pkg red, white & blue peanut m&ms
- Add all of the above ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
- Add to small cups to serve!