We’re a busy, on the go family most mornings. None of us are really “morning people” – so getting up earlier than necessary isn’t an option most days. So, we need to have a delicious breakfast and that is good for you, tastes good and provides the energy we need to get through the morning to lunch.
There’s several options I go to when making our breakfast that are quick, easy and good for you! These Quick Breakfast Ideas will have you out the door in no time!
1. Bagels with cream cheese and fruit. This is a favorite for my kids. They don’t even want their bagels toasted – just top with cream cheese and eat! Easy peasy! I always serve it with a side of fruit for some extra nutrients that they need to start the day!
2. Jimmy Dean Delights Frozen Breakfast items. The kids love these! Only Jimmy Dean can bring quality, taste and convenience to our morning breakfast routine with a satisfying taste under 300 calories. They have a quality taste with real, ingredients – eggs, sausage and cheese and more! They NEW breakfast items are portable, single servings that is microwavable and ready in less than three minutes! Visit JimmyDean.com for more information, recipe ideas and even on Pinterest! I also just saw a Jimmy Dean Mperk at Meijer with coupons for $1 off!
3. Cereal with bananas. Yes, this isn’t my first choice – but hey, some days you’re in a hurry and it works. However, I don’t buy cereals full of sugar and artificial flavors. It’s usually a mulit-grain cereal or granola topped with bananas and a glass of orange juice.
4. Breakfast bites. I like to make these little breakfast casserole bites into muffin form at the beginning of the week and freeze. Then I just pop them out the night before and warm up in the microwave. The kids love them and I know that they’re full of good ingredients!
5. Oatmeal. Not my big kid’s first choice – but this mom loves it for them! It’s hot, filling and full of nutrients! Add cinnamon, maple syrup, raisins, nuts and more to make it even more delicious and nutritious! I’m glad that my 2 year old love it! She will sit down and eat a big bowl with no problem! It’s always an affordable meal that I don’t mind starting the day with!
A quick and easy breakfast that is good for you isn’t hard at all when you have some quality ideas on hand! Add these ideas to you meal plan the next time you head to the store!