It’s time. Time for moms and dads – I mean, children everywhere to dress up in their best costumes and head out the door in search of the best candy around town. My kids LOVE to go Trick or Treating. We always get the cutest costumes – nothing scary here! We pass those scary houses up, too. The bad thing is that they go to school the next day and I’m left with 3 buckets of candy and NO willpower. I seriously don’t have self control when it comes to those bite size nuggets of goodness! haha! Normally I just eat one right after another. It’s a weakness I tell ya!
So, this year I have a plan. I’m taking all our favorite Hershey’s Chocolate Candy and putting it into a bar cookie! YEP. I didn’t say it was the best plan for my waist line. But, it’s a plan to get rid of a bunch of candy that won’t be taunting me from the candy bowl all. day. long. AND it will be soooooo good! In preperation for my plan, I made a little test batch since Hershey’s was so kind to send me a big ol’ box of candy to try out. Seriously. The BEST DELIVERY EVER. It was like Christmas !
This recipe for Halloween Candy Bars are one of the best around! They are yuuuummmmy!!! Use any chocolate bars you like. I used Reese’s today – but plan on adding a some M&M’s, Kit Kats and more!!
Halloween Candy Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of Chocolate Candy Bars chopped - any variety
- Preheat your own to 350 degrees and coat a 8x8 pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in one bowl
- In another larger bowl, Mix brown sugar and butter together until combined
- Add egg and vanilla - mix well
- Add in flour mixture slowly until combined.
- Fold in candy bars.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Leave on counter until cooled and set up.
- Cut into squares
This post is sponsored by Global Influence and product was given by Hershey’s.