This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Litter Genie®. The opinions and text are all mine.
If you live with pets in your home, you know what a challenge odors can be. From litter boxes to pet beds, they can all get stinky and leave your house smelling bad. But, with a few of my favorite tips, you can make sure you have the best smelling house around!
7 Tips For a Stink Free Home with Pets
1. Keep A Clean House – This tip may sound simple, but keeping things tidy, dusted and vacuumed can keep your house stink under control
2. Keep Pets Clean – Make sure to keep your dogs and cats clean. Give Fido a bath every week to two weeks to keep odors that he transfers over to your household things.
3. Vacuum – Keep up with pet dander and dust by vacuuming often. A simple trick is to add a mixture of 1 cup baking soda and 10-15 drops of Lemon Essential Oil together and sprinkle on your carpets before you vacuum them to neutralize odors and leave a lemony scent.
4. Litter Box – A bad smelling litter box can stink up the entire house! Use a good quality litter and scoop daily. I use a Litter Genie® Cat Litter Disposal System, which I purchased at Walmart. Dispose of waste in a Litter Genie® to keep odors in check. (See why I love the Litter Genie® below!)
5. Neutralize Odor Spray – Make your own all-natural spray to get odors out! Spray down the furniture, drapes, carpet and anywhere else you can find to freshen up – even your pet’s bed!
6. Air Out – Open doors and windows weather permitting to prevent stale air and odors in your house!
7. Flooring – Make sure to have flooring that can be cleaned easily. Think about investing in carpet tiles that can be removed and replaced if needed or hardwood floors that can be cleaned thoroughly.
The Litter Genie® Cat Litter Disposal System fits in your bathroom, under the kitchen sink and in other small spaces. I have our litter box in our laundry room and it fits right next to the dryer. It’s great for apartments and basements, because it makes less trips up and downstairs each time I want to clean the litter box with the Litter Genie®!
The Litter Genie® Cat Litter Disposal System is the ultimate hassle-free, must-have for keeping your cat happy and YOU happy because and your home free of cat litter odor! I don’t know about you, but I hate to have my house smell like a litter box! This way I don’t worry about people coming in and smelling odors I may have gotten used to. The Litter Genie has it under cover!
The Litter Genie®’s– is just like the Diaper Genie I used to have when my kids were in diapers. It’s pretty cool! Plus, the seven-layer refill bags add an extra barrier of stink protection. The pail seals away odor for up to two weeks (for one cat), so you can kiss those daily trips to the trashcan goodbye!
Litter Genie® Refill Cartridges lasts about 6 weeks with one cat.
EASY TO USE!
The Litter Genie is simple to use in 3 easy steps!
2. Open the lid and drop the clumps
3. Pull the handle to lock it in
It’s that simple! And the less time you spend scooping litter, the more time you’ll have to cuddle your sweet kitty!
Keep your home stink free with these 3 easy steps! And check out the Litter Genie at a Walmart near you!