Now that school is back in session for most of us, the days seemed to be packed with activities and the time we have to do things feels shorter. From breakfast to packing lunches to school pickups to soccer practice – there’s a lot to do in the day. Keep from feeling frazzled by simplifying. Check out these 5 Tips to Simplify Your School Day Schedule to help things run smoother.
1. Write it down. Don’t rely on your memory to keep your to-do list and schedule in check. It’s important to write things down so that you don’t forget something important. It helps to free your mind up for other things, too.
2. Calendar. Plan your day. Get a calendar or planner and write down all your commitments for the day – down to the hour if need be. If it’s on the calendar, it’s sure to get done!
3. Meal plan. Get a meal plan in place for your week. Breakfasts, lunch, snacks and dinner can all be planned out in advance to avoid that rushing around and not knowing what everyone is going to eat each day. For busy days, plan easy meals. Try freezer meals or pre-made solutions from the store to help free up time with the kids instead of making meals on busy days. Try a Jimmy Dean® Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant Sandwich for breakfast and State Fair® Beef Corn Dogs for an after school snack or even light dinner! Both are mom and kid-friendly and help simply meal time! Check out below for more info!
4. Do it now. Don’t put off things that can be done now until the last minute. Just because the signed school paper doesn’t have to be in until next week, doesn’t mean wait until the last minute to do it. Sign it as soon as you see it and return it. Taking care of important to-do items as soon as they come in the house will keep you free to focus on other things instead of keeping up with what needs to be done that you’ve known about for a week. It helps eliminate last minute stress, too.
5. Get ready the night before. Make sure everything is ready the night before -clothes are ready, lunches are packed, meals are planned, homework is signed. Spend the morning before school having a breakfast together and getting ready for the day – not running around trying to figure out what to wear and who needs a snack. Get rid of the morning rush by planning ahead.
By planning ahead and staying organized, you can eliminate the headaches and stress of busy school days. Take a few minutes each evening to plan the next day. You’ll have more time to enjoy your family and everyone will be happier!
* Thank you to Jimmy Dean and State Fair for sponsoring this post. Of course, the thoughts are 100% my own.
Try Jimmy Dean® Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant Sandwich for breakfast and State Fair® Beef Corn Dogs for yourself and see how these yummy options can make mealtime easier and stress free! Walmart has both at a great price!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Jimmy Dean®. The opinions and text are all mine.