Having a healthy smile is important for every member of the family. From eating good foods to taking care of your teeth, there are certain things you can do to ensure you have the brightest smile around! Here’s 5 Tips for A Healthy Smile that are sure to help!
1. Start Kids Young – Start good habits with young children to set the foundation for a lifetime of healthy habits. As soon as you can, start by rubbing baby’s gums with a soft cloth to clean. When old enough introduce a toothbrush and child-safe toothpaste.
2. Eat Healthy Foods – Eating healthy foods is not only important for your body to run well, it’s important for your teeth and gums to be healthy. Eating a well-balanced diet of whole foods will provide nutrients to your teeth and help prevent inflammation and gum disease.
3. Brush & Floss – This may seem like a given, but it’s very important to brush twice a day and floss before bed. Getting all the food, bacteria and other junk off of your teeth and from in-between them is very important to prevent tooth decay and gum disease. Using a quality tooth brush and tooth paste is also important. *See my favorites below!!
4. Avoid Sugary Foods – When bacteria in the mouth break down simple sugars, they produce acids that can erode tooth enamel, opening the door to decay. Sugary drinks and sticky candy can linger on tooth surfaces and cause trouble.
5. Replace Your Tooth Brush Often – The American Dental Association recommends changing your brush at least every three months. If you’re getting over a cold or flu, they recommend changing your toothbrush to avoid spreading germs and reintroducing the virus to yourself.
Here’s a great way to replace your toothbrushes and toothpaste that I’ve found that makes life easier and hassle free! I am LOVING this new-to-me service! BOKA!
Boka delivers better oral care products, delivered right when you need them every 3 months. Subscriptions are risk-free – you can cancel at any time!
Boka oral care products are made with high-quality materials that are proven to deliver a comfortable, effective cleaning at a price point almost anyone can afford. For our family of 5 – we get all of the items below delivered to our house without fail every 3 months! I don’t have to do a thing. It’s delivered – I throw out the old brush and start using the new. That’s a huge help to this busy mamma! One less thing to worry about!
Boka toothbrushes made with Binchotan activated charcoal bristles that are soft and made to get in-between teeth, which naturally helps prevent bacteria from growing on your brush, minty toothpaste that is made with natural ingredients and essential oils like peppermint and mint that doesn’t contain sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), fluoride, triclosan, artificial flavors or parabens. Offering the purest of ingredients is important for the healthy of my family!
Boka floss that is wrapped in natural beeswax, which glides smoothly and expands between teeth to give you a super-clean mouth and gums. It’s Teflon-free and petroleum-free! And you can swish your way to a healthy mouth with Cocorinse which is a blend of 100% organic, cold-pressed coconut oil and pure, refreshing mint that naturally freshens breath and whitens teeth!
Try out Boka for yourself! If you visit Boka.com and customize your own Boka box subscription, I have a deal for you! By using CODE: ALLTHINGS25 you can get a 25% discount off of any purchase between now and April 15, 2015! That is a great deal! Keep in mind that this deal cannot be combined with other offers and cannot be used by the same individual more than once. BUT you CAN order products or subscription for 25% OFF one time!
Visit Boka.com to customize your own Boka box subscription, or buy just what you need at any given time with no obligation!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.