Summertime is a great time to get outside, travel and enjoy time with family. From camping in the woods to building sandcastles on the beach, the unexpected can happen.
But, with these Top 5 Summertime Travel Safety Tips, you’ll be prepared for whatever comes your day!
1. Plan Your Route. If you’re leaving home, make sure to plan out your route before you hit the road. There’s nothing like getting the whole family in the car, excited to take off on your adventure and realizing that nobody has “the map”! Look up directions online or with your GPS. It’s also a good idea to plan for stops along the way or overnight if you’ll be driving far from home.
2. Make a List. When planning your trip, make a list of everything you need to take with you.. When you’re in a hurry, you can think you’ll be able to remember everything, but if you don’t write it down, you can forget! Writing it down ensures you’ll remember everything that’s important.
3. Purchase Accident Insurance. This may not be something you think about or know about, but you can purchase accident insurance in case of those little accidents that pop up on our trip. Broken bones or teeth can be covered with no worries. Accidents are more common than you think.
4. First Aid Kit. Make sure to be prepared for those little bumps, bruises and stings with a first aid kit. I have one in my house that I can take with me on the road. Buy putting together a small box full of first aid essentials, you’ll have what you need in a little emergency. See my printable First Aid Kit Infographic below for exactly what you need in your First-Aid Kit!
5. Pack Safety Essentials. Make sure you have basic items to keep your kids safe while traveling. Bike helmets, pads, sunscreen, aloe, tennis shoes, hats, etc… Plan for the weather where you’ll be. You’ll be sure to have everyone safe and comfortable when you pack whatever you may need for the activities planned.
Print out this infographic to keep in your First Aid Kit as a reminder of what you should have in your kit at all times!