This post has been sponsored by Technet. As always, all opinions are my own.
With all the holiday traveling families do at this time of year, it’s always a good idea to have your car serviced before braving the harsh winter roads. These 5 Winter Car Care Tips can help!
Right now we’re always on the go from school to basketball practice to dance rehearsal and more! So, I want to make sure my family is safe while traveling that our cars are in the best running condition. And, to avoid any trouble in less than perfect weather, we’ll be checking out our vehicles to make sure things are good to go! Undergoing routine maintenance can help you maintain the value of your vehicle, too!
Check out these 5 Easy Winter Car Care Tips for keeping your family safe while traveling this holiday season that can help you, too!
5 Easy Winter Car Care Tips
1. Oil Make sure you keep up with your car’s recommended oils change schedule. This will keep your car running smoothly in all weather. Some oils can go longer than others, but always check the sticker your mechanic puts on your window to make sure you never go over that date.
2. Tires Keep tires inflated and make sure they are still in good condition before traveling. It’s really important to check to see if your vehicle should get new tires to make sure you’re getting the best gas mileage you can. It’s also a good idea to make sure your tires are good to go for fall roads covered with slippery leaves, rain or early snowfall. New tires can protect you and your family, increase performance for your vehicle, better gas mileage, improve traction and a better driving experience for you during holiday travels or slippery roads.
3. Belts and hoses Check belts and hoses for any that are worn, frayed, cracked or blistered. Make sure to check them when the engine is off. If you see any signs of wear, consider having them replaced.
4. Battery If you see any sign that your battery is weak, have it checked out by a technician at an auto parts store of a mechanic. Most of the time they check these for free!
5. Coolant Check your coolant levels to see that the proper amounts are in place. You don’t want to run out – this would be bad news for traveling!
One of our favorite places to go for all of our car needs is TECHNET. TECHNET shops can provide for all your vehicle’s needs, from an oil change to new tires, routine maintenance, or any other variety of little fixes your car needs to be prepared for anything! And TECHNET is family owned which is a huge bonus in my book!
By choosing a local, family-owned, independent shop you can trust that they will take the time and care to service your vehicle with the safety of the community and your family in mind. That’s a huge plus!
Getting your car serviced at a local shop supports and strengthens your family’s community. On average, 48% of each purchase at local independent businesses is recirculated locally, compared to less than 14% of purchases at chain stores.
“My favorite memories of my shop have been to see second-and-third generation people coming in here. I can remember pumping gas, washing windows, and seeing little kids in the back seat pushing their noses against the glass. Now they are bringing in their cars!” — Richard Jewell at Rouse’s Auto Care
Be sure to get your car serviced and ready for the winter before traveling this holiday season with these 5 Easy Winter Car Care Tips!