Having great hair as I get older takes a little more effort of hair care than in my younger days. These days, I find myself dealing with dry hair on some days, oily on others and a little hair loss at times. Plus, it takes more hair product to make my hair look nice on some days, too!
My Top 6 Hair Care Tips For Beautiful Hair
1. Hair Products – I am a FIRM believer in ” you get what you pay for” when it comes to hair product. I have tried using discount or cheaper shampoos, conditioners, gels and more. They do NOT work the same and it shows! Spend a few extra dollars and get the good stuff! Sometimes you can find name brands at discount prices on Amazon or stores like TJ Maxx, too!
2. Tools – You HAVE to use good tools to make your hair look nice. Dry your hair if you plan on going somewhere nice. Use a good curling iron or flat iron with a good product that is made for heat to style your hair.
3. Don’t OVER do it – Give your hair a break from heat and styling when you can. I don’t dry my hair every day. Most days I don’t. I let it air dry whenever possible – even in the winter. Heat and tugging can break and damage hair, so giving it a rest helps keep it healthy!
4. Wash Hair Less Often – Don’t wash away your hair’s natural oils too often. Washing every other day or even every 3 days is a good way to keep hair healthy. A good dry shampoo can be your best friend on off days!
5. Massage Scalp – When you do wash your hair, give yourself a scalp massage. Or better yet – have your sweetie massage your scalp to relax in the evenings! I like that idea best! haha! Massaging your scalp will help stimulate hair growth.
6. Eat a Healthy Diet – Eat a diet rich in protein and healthy fats, such as avocados and nuts, to help hair be healthy from the inside out!
And if you need a little extra help…..
Thank you to Nioxin and Vocal Point for sponsoring today’s conversation and for providing the information below for me to share with you!
If you’re also dealing with thining hair, there ARE products that can help! Like this….
Nioxin Hair Growth Treatment for Women!
Thinning hair can happen for so many reasons – genetics, aging, pregnancy, hormones – there’s a lot of reason WHY women lose their hair. With each of my pregnancies, I lost a lot of hair after. I was shocked at how much it thinned out. So I know that it has to be an issue with other ladies, as well! But, now you can fight back with Nioxin Hair Growth Treatment for Women.
Using a product designed specifically for advanced thinning hair is your best defense when you notice a change in your hair. The Nioxin Hair Regrowth Treatment contains Minoxidil, the only ingredient clinically proven to effectively help hair growth in men AND women, and the only medicine available to treat female-pattern baldness.
Thinning hair doesn’t have to be an issue. Use the #1 selling Nioxin Hair Growth Treatment for Women for 90 days and SEE the difference for yourself!
Check out these other tips for hair that can help, too!
Having healthy, awesome hair CAN be achievable, no matter your age when you take care of your hair the right way! Try My Top 6 Hair Care Tips For Beautiful Hair for great looking hair at any age!