Fall has arrived! That means it’s time for big comfy sweaters, changing leaves, and everything pumpkin! Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin rolls and these Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Frosting! YAY!
I just love the colors of fall and the feel of the entire season. And I just might love the food even more! So, today I’m sharing a DELICIOUS recipe for Pumpkin Cupcakes with a Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Frosting that are to die for! I made these little bites of heaven this past weekend when we had company over for dinner and I instantly knew they were share worthy. They are THAT GOOD.
Pair this Pumpkin Cupcake with my Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe and you’ve got a very tasty treat! Try them! Make sure to let me know what you think once you do. I bet you’re gonna love them!
Here’s the recipe! Enjoy!!
- 3¼ cups all-purpose flour - I LOVE White Lilly
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 2¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée (not pie filling; about 1¾ cups)
- 1 recipe Pumpkin–Cream Cheese Frosting
- Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Line 2 (12-well) muffin pans with paper liners.
- Place the flour, baking powder,spices, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to break up any lumps; set aside.
- Place the sugar and oil in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until the sugar is incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Turn mixer to medium speed and add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce the speed to medium low, add the pumpkin, and beat until just combined, about 30 seconds. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl and the paddle with a rubber spatula.
- Turn the mixer to low speed, slowly add the flour mixture, and beat until almost completely incorporated, about 1 minute. Do not over mix.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in any unincorporated flour at the edges with a rubber spatula, making sure to scrape to the bottom of the bowl.
- Fill the muffin wells three-quarters of the way (about a heaping ¼ cup per well).
- Place the muffin pans side by side in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Rotate the pans front to back and side to side and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean, about 10 minutes more.
- Place the pans on wire racks and let them cool for 5 minutes. Remove the cupcakes from the pans and cool completely on the racks.
- Frost with Pumpkin–Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 stick of REAL butter - slightly softened
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese - slightly softened
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree - not pie filling
- Place the pumpkin pie spice and powdered sugar in a medium bowl and whisk to combine; set aside.
- Place the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat on medium speed until fully combined and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Reduce the speed to low, slowly add the powdered sugar mixture, and beat until fully incorporated and smooth, about 3 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the paddle and sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Turn the mixer to medium speed, add the pumpkin, and mix until fully incorporated and smooth, about 1 minute. Use immediately. I pipe mine on - but whatever works best for you is fine.