Mississippi Roast Sandwiches are the perfect slow cooker recipe that is easy and delicious!
My slow cooker is my best friend in the winter. It’s just so cold that I crave warm, comfort (and EASY) meals. Thankfully it’s the season for big, chunky sweaters and jackets! ha!
Today I want to share one of my favorite slow cooker meals that is super simple to make and one that everyone loves!
Mississippi Roast Sandwiches
This slow cooker recipe is so easy, you’ll want to make it all the time! Basically you just throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker, turn it on low and walk away until you’re ready to eat!
Add 1 3-4 pound chuck roast, 1 packet of dry ranch seasoning mix, 1 packet of au jus gravy mix seasoning, 1 jar of mild or medium pepperoncini peppers AND a little butter to your slow cooker. Then you turn your slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours and let it cook, baby!
Once its done and you’re ready to eat, you just grab two forks and shed it all up, and either leave it right in the slow cooker or add it to a bowl to have your family help themselves!
I like to serve my Mississippi Roast on crusty bread and top it with provolone cheese. You can also add a little mayo or ranch dressing if you’d like. It’s sooooo good!
- 1 (4 pound) beef chuck roast
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 jar pepperoncini peppers 1
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet dry au jus mix
- crusty loaf of bread or rolls
- provolone cheese (optional)
- Place roast in slow cooker
- Top roast with seasoning packets and rub in.
- Add jar of pepperoncini peppers - mild or hot
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Shred with two forks when tender and falling apart
- Cut loaf of bread into sandwich sizes and slice open
- Add cheese to bread and top with meat
Pin For Later!
Make sure to pick up the ingredients for Slow Cooker Mississippi Roast Sandwiches to warm you up! It’s the perfect slow cooker recipe that you’re gonna love!