I love Peppermint Essential Oil! It’s one of my favorite Young Living oils! It’s definitely a MUST-HAVE in my stash.
Peppermint Essential Oil is also one of the most used oils in my new book – Essentials Oils for a Clean and Healthy Home!
It’s AMAZING what relief I get from those three oils together! Peppermint’s invigorating and energizing aroma can be used to replace morning coffee as a way to wake up, or as an extra boost to waning energy throughout the day. as well!
There’s so many ways to use peppermint – check out 33 of the most popular uses for peppermint essential oil below!
Here’s a few of my favorite products that I have to have!
Make sure to pick up my favorite items to use for essential oils below!
Glass Spray Bottle – Clean surfaces, air, bathrooms and more by mixing up a solution of peppermint, water and vinegar!
Diffuser – Get the yuks out of the air by using a good diffuser. I have one for every bedroom, living room and kitchen!
Fractionaed Coconut Oil – Mix with Peppermint before applying to skin.
My Book – Filled with over 200 recipes for using essential oils in your home!
16oz Amber Boston Round Glass Spray Bottles w/Reusable Chalk Labels (2 Pack), Heavy Duty Mist & Stream Sprayer; Great for Essential OilsURPOWER 2nd Version Essential Oil Diffuser,100ml Aroma Essential Oil Cool Mist Humidifier with Adjustable Mist Mode,Waterless Auto Shut-off and 7 Color LED Lights Changing for Home Office BabyNow Foods Liquid Coconut Oil, 16.ozEssential Oils for a Clean and Healthy Home: 200+ Amazing Household Uses for Tea Tree Oil, Peppermint Oil, Lavender Oil, and More
Check out these 33 different ways to use Peppermint Essential Oil:
Essential Oils for Home Use
1. Calm Upset Stomachs. Just one drop of peppermint oil rubbed on the stomach or taken internally can calm indigestion, an upset stomach or other internal digestive commotion.
2. Freshen Breath. Peppermint oil with water (and lemon oil) creates a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse that leaves a lasting crisp, clean feeling.
3. Clear Sinuses. Diffuse peppermint oil (or apply topically on the chest) for almost immediate relief and revitalizing air flow. Peppermint acts as an expectorant and may provide relief for colds, cough, sinusitis, asthma, and bronchitis.
4. Joints Relief. Peppermint oil mixed with lavender oil cools like an ice bath, but you to stay warm and dry.
5. Satisfy Your Appetite. The aroma of peppermint oil has the ability to make you feel full, faster…especially if you breathe it in during a meal!
6. Cool Feet. Just add peppermint oil to a cold water compress to cool your overworked, over heated feet.
7. Perk Up. The invigorating aroma of peppermint is a wonderful, non-stimulating way to perk up on long drives, in school, during late night homework or any other time!
8. Perk Up Your Soap. Add peppermint to your potions to stimulate the scalp, energize and wake up! The oil is an antiseptic in nature, and can also help remove dandruff and lice.
9. Seasonal Discomfort. Peppermint oil has the ability to relax smooth muscles in the body — the same muscles that line our airways and become affected in allergy season.
10. Headaches. A few drops of peppermint dabbed on your temples, neck and sinuses can chase that headache away!
11. Focus. Diffuse peppermint before study time, place a drop on the tongue or under the nose for improved concentration and alertness.
12. Refresh from Stress. After a long day, apply peppermint, let it seep in and then soak in a warm bath or shower. The refreshing peppermint vapor will make you feel cool, relaxed and energized again.
13. Add to Your Tea. Just one drop of peppermint oil can add life to any herbal teawhile also aiding in normal digestion or to relieve heartburn.
14.Up Your Workout. Using peppermint oil prior to exercise immediately awakens your senses and gets you in your right mind so you can crank.
15. Curb Cravings. When you get that mid-morning craving, diffuse peppermint oil to reign in the urge to snack on junk food, or anything else that might appear before you.
Essential Oils for Cooking & Food
16. Add Flavor All Things Chocolate. Enhance your chocolate in a gazillion ways: gourmet hot chocolate, mint brownie frosting, peppermint bark, peppermint patties, peppermint brownies, peppermint chocolate Bundt cake, red velvet cupcakes with white chocolate peppermint cream cheese, yum!
17. Brisk, Delightful Confections. Peppermint chiffon cake, homemade candy canes, butter mints, peppermint ice cream, peppermint glaze over pastries and cookies, homemade peppermint patties.
18. Yummy Beverages. Peppermint water on ice, peppermint mocha, peppermint tea, peppermint hot chocolate, that’s right … it’s all delish.
Essential Oils for Body & Mind
19. Wake Up Your Mind. Peppermint oil activates the limbic function in your brain. The limbic function helps control things like emotions and long-term memory and is related to olfactory structures in your nose.
20. An Itch Fix. If you have the after effects of a sunburn where skin is a little warm and itchy, apply a drop of peppermint oil (mixed with lavender) to cool, soothe and stop itching.
21. Theme Park Relief. Four or five drops of peppermint rubbed on the stomach can calm smooth stomach muscles and help relieve discomfort and nausea.
22. Add To Water. When you add a few drops of peppermint to your ice water, it not only improves the taste, but also leaves you with a feeling of cool, refreshing breath.
23. Get Rid of Ticks. Place a little peppermint oil with a cotton swab on the tick. The tick will stop burrowing, remove its head.
24. Repeal Insects. Many household bugs do not like peppermint oil — ants, aphids, beetles, plant lice, mice and cockroaches try to steer clear of peppermint. Just add to water in a spray bottle and spray where you think pests grace you with their presence!
25. Clean Naturally. Peppermint oil is a wonderful natural cleaning agent because get get rid of yuks! Spray on countertops and bathroom surfaces, scrub, and enjoy cleaner clean.
26. Sleep Well. If you find you are having a hard time sleeping, peppermint oil helps activate cold-sensitive receptors in the skin and mucosal tissues. When used this way, it may help with not being able to get to sleep.
27. Quell Apathy. When you’re with someone who feels gloomy or like they “just don’t care”, ask them to try peppermint oil (aromatically, topically, or internally) to stimulate their mental sharpness and focus.
28. Change Your State of Mind. Someone’s mental outlook can be a game changer. If they are shocked, stressed out or nervous, peppermint oil may help restore feelings of normalcy and balance.
29. Toothache. Peppermint oil can act as a concentrated natural pain killer and muscle relaxant, especially with painful gums, teething or recent dental work.
30. Alleviate Internal Strife. When used topically or internally, peppermint is a favorite for fresh relief from cramping, indigestion to diarrhea. Skip the antacids and go with peppermint oil!
31. Ease Joint Pain. Massage peppermint oil onto aching feet, joints, and strained muscles.
32. Lethargic. Feeling lethargic or in a brain fog? Peppermint has been known to improve blood circulation and awareness, leaving you with an energized, awake feeling.
33. Go Eight-Leg Free. When you diffuse peppermint into the room, you’ll notice fewer spiders. Why? They don’t like it. It’s safe, contains no harsh chemicals or pesticides. It doesn’t kill the spiders, but forces them out.
Want to learn more about this and other Young Living oils? Message me! I can help you find the right oils for what ever your health or home needs since I’m also a consultant!